Friday, November 14, 2008

Personal Blog

So I thought that my personal blog was already up. Apparently not....here it is.

One of the most controversial issues that I know of is the issue of gay marriage. I do not believe people will ever stop arguing about this topic. I know I wont. Not until ever last state legalizes gay marriage and gay rights will I stop fighting.
It just confuses me so much that people are so against it. I know so many argue that marriage is between a man and a woman. The last dictionary that I looked in said "a union between two people." People just need to start learning to accept change. Whether you like gay people or not they’re out there and they always will be. There’s nothing you can do about it. You can’t help who you fall in love with and no one should have to.
I don’t see any sense in a gay couple paying thousands of dollars extra for 2 separate insurance’s through their companies just because the state wont recognize them as a couple. It’s sad when someone’s life partner doesn’t have any say so in what happens if a life or death matter comes up in the hospital because the state wont recognize them.
People say that gay people can’t be parents and that I really don’t understand. Everyone saying that children need to grow up in a "real" household. Who are we to define a "real" household especially in this day and age? How many people actually grow up in a household with a mom and dad? I was fortunate enough to be able to do that but I know several people who were not as fortunate. Just because a child is raised by two girls or two guys does not mean that they are any less of a person. Gay people, in some cases, will be much better parents than a few guy-girl couples that I know.
I guess I’m just tired of people being so judgmental. Learn to accept people as they are and don’t discriminate. We live in a world where you should be able to be who you want to be without worry that you will get discriminated against. I think that eventually gay marriage will be legalized so we may as well accept it now. Also one more question. For those of you who are so anti gay people but also anti abortion here's my question. Would you still fight for the rights of the fetus if you knew that they were going to grow up gay?

No comments: